To our Valued Clients,
Covid-19 has caused unprecedented disruption in all our lives. As of today, many institutions continue to take measures to limit social contact during this stage of the pandemic, even as a large portion of the population is (or has been) fully vaccinated. We contnue to follow the guidance of health officials as we move toward the gradual reopening of our offices to our clients.
Our firm will continue preparing and processing tax returns for our clients, but all “in-office” tax appointments are still on hold until further notice. Other office visits will be limited and by appointment only (mask wearing will be required). If you have not yet contacted us about preparing your 2020 taxes, we remind you that we are only accepting drop-off, mail-in, or uploaded (to our portal) tax documents at this time (see instructions below).
If you have already sent us your tax documents, then the only request we make is that you do not come to the office unless you are dropping off additional documents (see the “Drop-off procedure, by office, below). For local clients that have usually picked up their completed tax returns in the past, we will contact you when your returns are ready to discuss delivery options (in keeping with the need to limit social contact with staff).
Please follow the instructions below on how to get us your 2020 tax information until further notice:
- If your appointment was scheduled for Ridgewood, bring your tax documents (in an envelope) to the office building, and drop them in the black drop box at the door next to the office. I will be stopping by daily to retrieve whatever is in the box. The building is usually open from 9am to 6pm (or later).
- If you wish, you can email the office (email@example.com) that you dropped off.
- It is important to note, this office will not be open for visitation or appointments until further notice.
- If your appointment was scheduled for Goshen, bring your tax documents (in an envelope) to the office building. A drop box has been installed and is located outside the office door in the hallway.
- The drop box will be monitored frequently during each day.
- PLEASE, DO NOT COME INTO THE OFFICE. Maintaining limited social contact is extremely important during this stage of the Covid-19 outbreak. It is likely that we will keep the office door locked most of the day to prevent access.
For BOTH offices, please mail your documents to the Goshen office. The Ridgewood post office will not leave large packages at the Ridgewood office (it is a small mailbox). The document will have to be picked up at the post office and will result in delays.
To mail in your tax documents, please do so using one of the following:
- US Postal Service’s Priority Mail option. It only costs $7.50 for a large envelope, and it is a trackable mailing.
- UPS or Fed Ex two-day shipping. The costs vary depending on size and distance.
Please mail all documents to the Goshen, NY, office. The address is posted in the "Contact Us" menu of this website.
We DO NOT recommend using regular mail (untracked). If the package is lost, we will have no way of helping you track it down.
Secure Drawer (SD) Portal upload
The firm utilizes a Cloud based portal to safely and securely transfer documents. It is unsafe to email us documents that include personal information (social security numbers, dates of birth, etc), unless you can password protect the document. Contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access. We will contact you by email with instructions
We are in an unprecedented moment. Our ability to continue with our tax season work is important, and we are taking these necessary precautions to keep our staff, their families and our clients safe. Your cooperation is vital in helping us do whatever we can to prevent this virus from impacting our firm and community.
Allan L. Millstein, CPA