To our Valued Clients,
Due to the persistence of infections from the Omicron variant of COVID-19 (including individuals who have been double and triple vaccinated) we are currently not allowing in-office tax appointments. We will continue to follow the guidance of health officials to keep our staff and their families as safe as possible.
Please follow the instructions below on how to get us your 2021 tax information (until further notice):
- If your appointment is normally scheduled for Ridgewood, bring your tax documents (in an envelope) to the office building, and drop them in the black drop box at the door next to the office. I will be stopping by daily to retrieve whatever is in the box. The building is usually open from 9am to 6pm (or later).
- If you wish, you can email the office (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you dropped off.
- It is important to note, this office will not be open for visitation or appointments until further notice.
- If your appointment is normally scheduled for Goshen, bring your tax documents (in an envelope) to the office building. A drop box has been installed and is located outside the office door in the hallway.
- The drop box will be monitored frequently during each day.
- If you enter the office to drop off work, you must wear a mask and maintain social distancing. We ask all visitors to stay at the reception area and keep the visit brief.
For BOTH offices, please mail your documents to the Goshen office. The post office will not leave large packages at the Ridgewood office (it is a small mailbox). Any packages that are held at the post office will have to be picked up. This will result in delays.
When mailing us your tax documents, please do so using one of the following:
- US Postal Service’s Priority Mail option, which is trackable.
- UPS or Fed Ex two-day shipping. The costs vary depending on size and distance.
We DO NOT recommend using regular mail (untracked). If the package is lost, we will have no way of helping you track it down.
Onvio Client Center upload
We utilize a cloud-based portal to safely and securely transfer documents. It is unsafe to email documents that include personal information (social security numbers, dates of birth, etc.). If you have not already registered for access to the Onvio Client Center, please contact the office at email@example.com. We will contact you with instructions and a registration link.
Please note that you can no longer upload documents to SecureDrawer, our former portal. Registered users of SecureDrawer will be able to access the portal until all their stored documents have been moved to the Onvio Client Center (no later than August 2022).
Once again, our tax season routines have been disrupted by the pandemic. Regardless of the circumstances, our ability to provide uninterrupted and timely service to our clients during this busy tax season is vital. We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep the staff, their families and our clients safe. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Allan L. Millstein, CPA